Books - Authors - Reviews
Dauntless (Valiant Hearts: 1) by Dina L. Sleiman is a book set in England with a theme similar to that of "Robin Hood." While I've never been a huge fan of the "Robin Hood" motif but I actually did enjoy this book. I liked the strong female protagonist of the story. She had a good balance of strength, mercy, and kindness. While she was a worthy leader, she still had room to grow and needed others and the story did a good job of showing that.
This book was written from a Christian perspective and there are strong Christian themes throughout that can be appreciated. I especially enjoyed the "Sunshine Men," want to know what I'm referring to? Read the story!
There are also elements of romance in this story, and while I'm not usually a big romance reader, I believe this writer did a good job of intertwining the romance into the story and making it a believable. I do appreciate that the story had a lot of other elements than romance though and that there was more to the book than that (since, as I mentioned, romance isn't one of my preferred genres).
I would definietly recommend this book and have already added the second Valiant Hearts, Chivalrous to my TBR pile!
Final Rating: 10 out of 10 stars
~Review by Grace Marshall
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- "The Deceived" Book Review
- "Dauntless" Review
- "The Martian Chronicles" Review
- Review of "Brigid of Ireland"
- "Pony Pals" Series Review
- Win a Free Copy of "Unexpected Allies and Recurring Warts!"
- Review of The Lost Pony of Riverdale by Amanda Wills
- Equine Excerpt from Unexpected Allies and Recurring Warts
- Review of The Pillar of Light, by Anna Travis
- Stolen, Heart of Dread Review