Books - Authors - Reviews
Review of The Pillar of Light, by Anna Travis
The Pillar of Light is a Christian Fantasy Adventure, just as the book states. The story is based around a Nani, a young teen that has lost her memory and is living with a missionary couple in Brazil. The adventure takes us to another world where a group of teens with Nani learn about each other, life lessons, and symbolism related to Christ and Bible stories.
I enjoyed the book overall. Anna Travis is certainly imaginative and truly envisioned and created a new world, complete with strange animals, floating spheres, and it's own kind of magic. I enjoyed the Christian elements in the story and much of the thought put behind the symbolism. It's also nice to read a fantasy book that isn't full of dark creatures.
There were, however, a few grammatical errors and not all of the passages flowed smoothly. With a bit more practice and editing though, I think this could really be a fantastic author. I would certainly read more of her work after reading this book.
Final Rating: 6.5 / 10 Stars
~Review by Grace Marshall
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- "The Deceived" Book Review
- "Dauntless" Review
- "The Martian Chronicles" Review
- Review of "Brigid of Ireland"
- "Pony Pals" Series Review
- Win a Free Copy of "Unexpected Allies and Recurring Warts!"
- Review of The Lost Pony of Riverdale by Amanda Wills
- Equine Excerpt from Unexpected Allies and Recurring Warts
- Review of The Pillar of Light, by Anna Travis
- Stolen, Heart of Dread Review